Monday, July 03, 2006

THREE LITTLE PROJECTS ARE WE!

PROJECT NUMBER 1: About 1/3 of the way done. Granddaughter Kyra's sweater (this is the first sweater I have knitted since I first learned to knit). It still needs sleeves and I will have to go to the semi-LYS and have Lucy help me. I have been having such a wonderful learning experience with this sweater that I cannot wait to make the adult version for myself.





PROJECT NUMBER 2: About 1/3 of the way completed. Hedgehog toy or more affectionally named by the nieces down south as "roadkill." Have to knit the back of him now out of a combanition of wool and an eyelash type yarn. I got encouragement from Heather (the instructor for this project) last Tuesday letting me know that I was doing the back correctly . . . but alas I then got this inter ear thing and began making all kinds of non-correctable mistakes . . . had to ripe "roadkill's" back out and will start on him again as soon as I finish the purse (project number 3).



PROJECT NUMBER 3: Only have a couple of more things to do before this project is completed (hopefully I will be able to post the finished project on tomorrows blog). I have fallen in "love" with this project (I have learned so many new techniques) and can't wait to see how the purse felts up! THANK YOU secret pal for sending me this pattern and the yarn to complete it. I have made a couple of little changes (like adding a yellow strip around the middle) and I will be making a felted flower to go on it. BTW . . . in case you are curious about the white nylon cord in the middle of the yellow . . . its there to keep the knitted holes from closing up during the felting process (it was strange making holes on purpose). A ribbon will be woven in and out of the holes when the purse has finished drying.
So now you have seen the three projects that I am currently working on . . . and I have told myself that I WILL NOT start any new knitting projects until these are completed!!!!! Till Later . . .









3 comments:

Nic said...

Get that poor guy a face and stuffed so he wont look so smushed. Everything looks fantastic!

Old Knitter said...

Polly . . . Roadkill's amish look kind of grows on you . . . but you are right he needs to be stuffed . . . I plan on beginning his back again tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

You're doing a great job!!!