Wednesday, November 08, 2006

OH WHAT A WEEK!

Don't you just love birthday's . . . especially when you can celebrate yours all month long . . . well that is what I am doing . . . it all began with the surprise party from the knit group the Sunday before my birthday . . . then the morning of my birthday I won a b-day cake , via the oldies radio station I listen to, from my favorite bakery - Mim's . . . however what surprised me most was hearing on the radio the names of other people who have the same birth date as me and had a chance of winning my birthday cake . . . here I thought I was the only one born on "All Saint's Day" . . . anyhoo . . . I get to work where more goodies await me . . . flowers and ladybug stationary from my co-workers and a gift card to my favorite scrapbook store from my bosses (they knew I had a gift card from my favorite yarn shop) . . . that night I had to conduct my legal sec associations board meeting and I knew we were having dinner (pizza of course) and I kind of figured I would get a cake . . . which I did . . . it was chocolate with white frosting, had little ladybugs all over it and said "Happy Birthday Madame Prez" . . . it was almost too cute to eat- but never fear we did eat it . . . however I didn't expect the wonderful gifts . . . they gave me a Mary Engelbret crystal paper weight saying "The Queen Mother" (goes with the crown I was given at my installation) and Lynn gave me "all things" ladybug and a crane magnetic needle holder . . . needless to say it was the best board meeting I ever led . . . on Thursday everyone at my office went out to lunch to celebrate my b-day at one of my favorite restaurant's . . . Friday was a birthday holiday from work from my bosses so of course I spent it getting hair and nails done and doing some knitting (okay it was really crocheting) . . . Saturday my friend Marsha and I went to a scrapbooking convention and she treated me to a birthday dinner and on Sunday evening the kids arrived from Wichita with granddaughter (early - they weren't suppose to be here until Monday but they drove straight from Idaho) . . . you would think that the celebrating is over but oooooooooooh nooooooooo . . . the kids, hubby and I are going out to bunch this Sunday . . . and at thanksgiving we will be with the rest of my family in the bay area . . . now do you see why I love birthdays!!!!

On the knitting front . . . I have been crocheting . . . I am "A" Mary Jane slipper . . . yes that's right . . . I am only doing one slipper not a pair because the LYS only had 1 skien of the yarn I liked and apparently you need 2 (they thought they had more in the back room) . . . so Devvy has promised me that she would find another skien so I can have one for the other foot . . . all I have to do now is connect the two additional bottom soles to the slipper and felt it . . . I think I may be bringing the slipper to the legal conference this weekend and begging Lynn to help me with this part . . . I can't figure out which is the front & back loops on this part . . . its been a very very very long time since I have crocheted . . .

So anyhoo . . . that's what this past week has been like and this coming week looks to be very interesting also . . . more on that in my next blog . . . for now ladybug kisses . . .

No comments: