Tuesday, April 25, 2006

FIRST KNITTING PROJECTS

I picked up my knitting needles again over a year ago when it became popular to knit scarves (it was also cheaper than buying premade scarves) and they made great Birthday/Christmas gifts . . . I made lots and lots of scarves, keeping only a couple for myself because I discovered I loved knitting again but I don't wear scarfs very often (just not my thing) . . . well I then had a granddaughter, Kyra, in January of this year and the knitting group I was invited to join met and I made a very fast and very, very easy lavender baby blanket using "Heaven" yarn (have to make another one for here at "grammies" as she has become attached to the blanket) . . . my next knitting project was a pair of gloves . . . that project has been set aside as I found I was not even able to get a set of "pulse warmers" knitted (ya know the cuff of the glove) . . .
Anyhoo . . . one of the girls in the knit group started knitting a purse and of course we all had to make "the purse" (same pattern-different colors) . . . four of us will be attending a conference in May and we will all be using and showing off our "glitter" purses at the banquet on Saturday night . . . hopefully I will be able to get a picuture to the four "glitter" purses attending their first big evening out . . .
I am half way through my next project which is a "felted purse" and will also be taking a class and learning how to knit a baby sweater from the neck down . . . I love making purses and this may be Birthday/Christmas presents this year . . .

3 comments:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

We shall learn to felt together! I agree about the purses... I am loving those, too. I have to learn to make the cord and felt this one before I start the next although I do have the materials already. Some Friday afternoon you and I will have to knit at my house, eat and chat. OK?

knitknak said...

Wow! Look at you go! You've done a great job on your blog....see you Sunday.

Nic said...

Hey this is your SP8 Hostess. Have you done the Zimmerman baby coat yet? It's very clever. All garter stitch squary thing and you think ee gads, but then it folds and seems into a cute sweater.