Wow . . . SP8 is beginning and as you can see from the picture I am so excited that I dropped everything to complete my answers . . .
1. WHAT IS /ARE YOUR FAVORITE YARN/S TO KNIT WITH? WHAT FIBERS DO YOU ABSOLUTELY *NOT* LIKE?
I do not have a favorite yarn, I like all of them, but fibers are another story. I do not like eyelash yarn, the fibers keep on falling out so you end up leaving a little trail where ever you go or stand or sit.
2. WHAT DO YOU USE TO STORE YOUR NEEDLES / HOOKS IN?
Right now they are being stored in a little fabric bag that school kids use to put pencils/pens in. I guess that one of these days when I have free time I will have to see what is out there in world for this purpose.
3. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN KNITTING? WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOUR SKILL LEVEL TO BE BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE OR ADVANCED?
I have been an on-again / off-again knitter since I was about 10. My aunt taught me the very basics at 10, I made a crazy sweater that no one could or would wear. I stopped knitting during my teenage years (it was not the "COOL" thing to do) and took it up again when I had my son. I kept on knitting through my daughter's baby years and then stopped. I picked knitting up again last year when scraves were all the rage. I consider myself a basic beginner, quickly becoming a beginner.
4. DO YOU HAVE AN AMAZONE OR OTHER ONLINE WISH LIST?
No I do not. What are they and how does one get one?
5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SCENT (FOR CANDLES, BATH PRODUCTS, ETC.)?
I am an earthy kinda gal. I like anything that contains citrus, spice and cinnamon. I usually buy Camilla Beokman "Oriental Spice" products. I am not into the flowery smells unless they are the roses from my garden.
6. DO YOU HAVE A SWEET TOOTH? FAVORITE CANDY?
Boy do I ever! I like any kind of candy as long as it does not contain dark chocolate or peanut butter (peanuts are okay).
7. WHAT OTHER CRAFTS OR DO-IT-YOURSELF THINGS DO YOU LIKE TO DO? DO YOU SPIN?
I am into scrapbooking big big time!!! My craft passions are scrapbooking and knitting in that order. I have crafted all my life it seems and have tried just about every type of craft out there, so whenever the need arises I will craft what has my interest at that time.
Spinning . . . no I don't do that (neither wool or bike).
8. WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU LIKE? CAN YOUR COMPUTER/STERO PLAY MP3S? (IF YOUR BUDDY WANTS TO MAKE YOU A CD).
I like mostly easy listening music, broadway show tunes, oldie goldies, swing and light jazz. Yes my computers can play MP3s.
9. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR? OR DO YOU HAVE A COLOR FAMILY/SEASON/PALETTE YOU PREFER? ANY COLORS YOU JUST CAN'T STAND?
My favorite color is green. Some years ago I had my "colors" done and I found out I looked best in the "fall" season and I have pretty much stayed in that color range for clothing and furnishings in my home. I do not have anything in the "PINK" range in my life because I personally do not like the color (coral is as pink as I get), however I do give pink gifts to people if that is the color they love. Also I wear gold jewerly . . . no silver jewerly.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAMILY SITUATION? DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS?
My husband and I have been married 36 years. We will be celebrating our 37th anniversay on July 5th. We have two children . . . our son 33 and our daughter is 29. In January of this year our daughter gave us our first grandchild . . . a girl. Right now it is only my husband, myself and our two cats living at home.
11. DO YOU WEAR SCARVES, HATS, MITTENS OR PONCHOS?
I wear scarves, hats only in very cold winter, gloves/mittens all the time. I do not wear ponchos, I don't know why, I just don't have any. Hmmm....guess I should try one one of these days.
12. WHAT IS/ARE YOUR FAVORITE ITEMS/S TO KNIT?
Felted purses. Actually its any kind of purse. I also like to make things for my granddaughter to wear.
13. WHAT ARE YOU KNITTING RIGHT NOW?
A felted purse (did I tell ya I like purses). I am almost through knitting the purse and have started to knit a baby sweater (from the neck down) for my granddaughter. I am going to be taking a class this Saturday to learn to knit flowers (some may even have leaves).
14. DO YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE HANDMADE GIFTS?
Yes! Yes! Yes!
15. DO YOU PREFER STRAIGHT OR CIRCULAR NEEDLES? BAMBOO, ALUMINUM, PLASTIC.
I prefer circular needles and will use them whenever the pattern does not require straight. I have started purchasing "TURBO" circular needles and most of my other needles are bamboo.
16. DO YOU OWN A YARN WINDER AND/OR SWIFT?
No the neither item, but I forsee somewhere in my future where I will purchase a yarn winder.
17. HOW DID YOU LEARN TO KNIT?
I was ten years old, staying on my grandparents cattle ranch for the summer when I aunt and uncle came for a visit, and my aunt thought that knitting should be added to my "basic housekeeping skills" training. Like I said earlier, that was the strangest sweater anyone ever saw.
18. HOW OLD IS YOUR OLDEST UFO?
5 months now and aging more and more every day. 5 months ago I took a "glove" class and got the cuff almost done when the class was over so that I at least went home with what I called "a puse warmer". Well needless to say at home I did some kind of boo boo, riped everything out and started over again about 20 times . . . never saw my pulse warmers again . . . have put everything except the needles in a bag in a drawer that I hardly ever open. Some day I will get back to them . . . right now I am into purses!
19. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY?
I like them all, but I do love Easter. After the gray of winter everything is bright and colorful again. My favorite season is Fall (bet you thought I was going to say Spring).
20. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT YOU COLLECT?
LADYBUGS big time!!!! Ladybug clothing, jewerly, decorations, shoes, umbrellas, pens, pencils, paper; you name it. I also have an umbrella collection. My kids gave me my 1st one when they were little (its Mickey Mouse-his ears pop up when the umberlla is open) and they have added to him. I now have 16 unusual umberllas.
21. ANY BOOKS, YARNS, NEEDLES OR PATTERNS OUT THERE YOU ARE DYING TO GET YOUR HANDS ON? WHAT KNITTING MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS DO YOU HAVE?
Well as I am basically new to this again and do not have alot of knitting stuff yet so I will make my answer simple . . . I want everything . . . I want it all!
I do not have any subscriptions to any knitting magazines yet. I am still purchasing them at the store, waiting to see which one I like the most before I start subscribing.
22. ARE THERE ANY NEW TECHNIQUES YOU'D LIKE TO LEARN?
The exciting thing about knitting is that everytime I start a new project I also learn a new technique or two.
23. ARE YOU A SOCK KNITTER? WHAT ARE YOUR FOOT MEASUREMENTS?
I haven't attempted to make socks yet (ankle warmers) . . . I want to do my gloves first. I wear a 6-1/2 shoe.
24. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?
All Saints Day, November 1st.