Thursday, September 28, 2006

SOCK VIRGIN NO MORE!



Well the deed is done, the sock goddess has been appeased and despite all the pokie thingys sticking out it was fun!!!!! . . . thank you to Roni, Brooke, Amanda Cathleen and Robin for showing me the light (even though at the time I could not understand your enthusium - I do now!) . . . I don't know what I was afraid of as it was a lot easier than I thought . . . it seems each item I had knitted before had been preparing me in some way for this adventure in "sock making" . . . especially knitting the baby sweater and "road kill" . . . I COULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THE PATTERN FOR MAKING A BASIC SOCK ON MY OWN . . . YAHOO!!!!! . . . actually the sock is completed . . . of course I had to wear it and show it off at a meeting last night (some people probably thought I was strange running around with one sock on) and I am now beginning work on its matching bud and will post a picture of completed pair soon . . . I just couldn't wait to show and tell everyone what I did . . . I am that excited . . . so until later . . . ladybug kisses and TTFN . . .

5 comments:

Prof. Knitwit said...

That's so awesome!! I knew you could do it! Isn't it so much fun??!! I bet you'll really be hooked now!

Old Knitter said...

YES . . . I am hooked and frustrated that I can't knit while working . . . the attorneys just don't understand the "call of the sock" (hehehe)

FairyGodKnitter said...

Beautiful job on the sock. I'm very proud of you. Your box of Goodies will be on it's way by Saturday, I've been waiting for things to calm down a little to finish putting it together.
-Joan

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

I think it's very nice and can't wait to see the other one! What yarn did you use?

Anonymous said...

Wow...very nice job. What yarn are you using for your socks???