Friday, February 16, 2007

It's Drinky Pooh Time



It's 3:15 in the morning and what would any knitter be doing beside knitting at this hour . . . why telling you about the fantastic goodies she received!!!!! I recently participated in a new one-time martini drink swap called of all things "The Dirty Knitter" which my good friend Brooke started (Brooke came up with the name from a martini called the Dirty Martini - which is a regular gin or vodka martini with a splash of olive juice in it . . . hey it's an acquired taste) . . .

anyhoo back to what I was originally telling you about . . . I was matched up with the very talented and funny Rachael (better known as Stash Monkey-link to her blog is on the side) and look at the goodies she sent me . . . the Cocktail Handbook (which has been a very intersting read-hey I didn't know there were that many different drinks out there) . . . the cutest little fabric bag with names and pictures of drinks all over it for storing goodies in and a hank of yummy green superwash merino yarn called "Appletini" (named after a drink called the Apple Martini - recipe I like to follow) . . . so THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! Stash Monkey . . . I love everything!!!

now here is the Apple Martini recipe I like (BTW - try to use only the best ingredients)

Apple Martini (great with salty food)

2 ounces premium apple juice or apple cider (fresh pressed prefered) . . . 1-1/2 ounces citrus vodka . . . 1 ounce Berentzen's apple liqueur (apple brandy or apple schnapps can also be used) . . . 1 ounce green apple puree (this is optional, makes for a more robust martini) . . . splash of lemon juice and a green apple wedge for garnish . . . . . combine the apple juice, apple liqueur, apple puree and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. . . strain into a chilled martini glass . . . garnish with an apple wedge!

BTW . . . this drink is not the neon-green drink that some bars will sell you . . . ya know the ones that look like neon-green liquid kryptonite and taste like a green-apple Jolly Rancher or liquid toothpaste . . . once you try this recipe you will taste a world of difference . . . which is why I never order this drink in a bar!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you like everything! The big is hand-sewn, and I will be the first to admit I'm not the best seamstress. However, I am quite proud of how the bag came out. Also, I got my package today and I love love love it! Thank you SOOOOO much! I'll be posting about it tomorrow.

Ollie said...

what a great swap!!! that green ini yarn is gorgeous!!!

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Are you drunk yet my friend? hehehe

Adelle said...

Hey, I have been trying to get a hold of you about the SSS swap. Can you please email me at adellel AT gmail DOT com?

Anonymous said...

OK seriously, you and Julie are the worst bloggers! Post something - will ya??