Greetings . . . here are my answers to the SP9 Questionnaire . . .
1. WHAT IS /ARE YOUR FAVORITE YARN/S TO KNIT WITH? WHAT FIBERS DO YOU ABSOLUTELY *NOT* LIKE?
I do not have a favorite yarn, I like all of them, but fibers are another story. I do not like eyelash yarn, the fibers keep on falling out so you end up leaving a little trail where ever you go or stand or sit.
2. WHAT DO YOU USE TO STORE YOUR NEEDLES / HOOKS IN?
Right now all my needles (straights/circulars) are being stored in a little fabric bag that school kids use to put pencils/pens in. I would love to have a seperate case to store all of my circular addi turbo needles in.
3. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN KNITTING? WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOUR SKILL LEVEL TO BE BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE OR ADVANCED?
I have been an on-again / off-again knitter since I was about 10. I stopped knitting during my teenage years (it was not the "COOL" thing to do) and took it up again when I had my son. I kept on knitting through my daughter's baby years and then stopped. I picked knitting up again a couple of years ago when scraves were all the rage. I consider myself a beginner.
4. DO YOU HAVE AN AMAZONE OR OTHER ONLINE WISH LIST? I do, but for the life of me I have not been able to get the link to it set up in my side bar.
5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SCENT (FOR CANDLES, BATH PRODUCTS, ETC.)?
I am an earthy kinda gal. I like anything that contains citrus, spice and cinnamon. I usually buy Camilla Beokman "Oriental Spice" and I love Claire Burke's "Apple Peel" products for the home. I am NOT into the flowery scents.
6. DO YOU HAVE A SWEET TOOTH? FAVORITE CANDY?Boy do I ever! I LOVE dessert!!!!! I am participating in a chocolate swap and I like any kind of candy as long as it does not contain PEANUT BUTTER! (candy cover nuts are okay - just NO peanut butter).
7. WHAT OTHER CRAFTS OR DO-IT-YOURSELF THINGS DO YOU LIKE TO DO? DO YOU SPIN?
I am into scrapbooking big big time!!! My craft passions are scrapbooking and knitting in that order. I have crafted all my life it seems and have tried just about every type of craft out there, so whenever the need arises I will craft what has my interest at that time or if it is a gift that I know a particular person would love to have. As for spinning . . . no I don't do that (neither wool or bike).
8. WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU LIKE? CAN YOUR COMPUTER/STERO PLAY MP3S? (IF YOUR BUDDY WANTS TO MAKE YOU A CD).
I like mostly easy listening music, broadway show tunes, oldie goldies, swing and light jazz. No my computers do not play MP3s.
9. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR? ANY COLORS YOU JUST CAN'T STAND?
My favorite color is green even though lately I have been getting tired of green and am leaning toward purple. Some years ago I had my "colors" done and I found out I looked best in the "fall" season and I have pretty much stayed in that color range for clothing and furnishings in my home (I have 2 red walls in my living room). I do not have anything in the "PINK" range in my life because I personally do not like the color for myself (coral is as pink as I get). Also I wear gold jewerly . . . no silver jewerly.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAMILY SITUATION? DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS?
My husband and I have been married 37 years. We will be celebrating our 38th wedding anniversay on July 5th. We have two children . . . our son is 34 and our daughter is 29. In January of this year (2006) our daughter gave us our first grandchild . . . a girl, Kyra. Right now it is only my husband, myself and our two cats (Chloe and Gato) living at home.
11. DO YOU WEAR SCARVES, HATS, MITTENS OR PONCHOS?
I wear scarves, hats only in very cold winter, gloves (nomittens) all the time. I do not wear ponchos.
12. WHAT IS/ARE YOUR FAVORITE ITEMS/S TO KNIT?
WOW that hard . . . it started out being felted purses, but now it's whatever I am working on at the moment. I have just started knitting socks and am having a lot of fun with those! I also like to make things for my granddaughter to wear.
13. WHAT ARE YOU KNITTING RIGHT NOW? Okay I went and got my projects so here they are (a) the second half of a sock (my very first pair) . . . (b) a shopping bag (from knitpicks called a Flordia Bag) . . . (c) a neck down pullover for myself . . . (d) a felted bowl with a lid . . . (e) a slip stitch felted purse . . . and last but diffently not least (f) premie baby hats to donate to local hospitals (have made 6 so far).
14. DO YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE HANDMADE GIFTS?
Yes! Yes! Yes!
15. DO YOU PREFER STRAIGHT OR CIRCULAR NEEDLES? BAMBOO, ALUMINUM, PLASTIC.I prefer circular needles and will use them whenever the pattern does not require straight. I have started purchasing "TURBO" circular needles and most of my other needles are bamboo.
16. DO YOU OWN A YARN WINDER AND/OR SWIFT?
No the neither item, but I forsee somewhere in my future where I will purchase a yarn winder.
17. HOW OLD IS YOUR OLDEST UFO?
9 months now and aging more and more every day. 9 months ago I took a "glove" class and got the cuff almost done when the class was over so that I at least went home with what I called "a puse warmer". Well needless to say at home I did some kind of boo boo, riped everything out and started over again about 20 times . . . never saw my pulse warmers again . . . have put everything except the needles in a bag in a drawer that I hardly ever open. Some day I will get back to them!
18. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY?
I LOVE them all and decorate for each and every one of them!!!
19. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT YOU COLLECT?
LADYBUGS big time!!!! Ladybug clothing, jewerly, decorations, shoes, umbrellas, pens, pencils, paper; you name it. I also have an umbrella collection. My kids gave me my 1st one when they were little (its Mickey Mouse-his ears pop up when the umberlla is open) and they have added to him. I now have 16 unusual umberllas. And of course I seem to be collecting yarn and knitting projects.
20. ANY BOOKS, YARNS, NEEDLES OR PATTERNS OUT THERE YOU ARE DYING TO GET YOUR HANDS ON? WHAT KNITTING MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS DO YOU HAVE?
Well as I am basically new to this again and do not have alot of knitting stuff yet so I will make my answer simple . . . I want everything . . . I want it all!I do not have any subscriptions to any knitting magazines yet. I am still purchasing them at the store, waiting to see which one I like the most before I start subscribing.
21. ARE THERE ANY NEW TECHNIQUES YOU'D LIKE TO LEARN?
The exciting thing about knitting is that everytime I start a new project I also learn a new technique or two.
23. ARE YOU A SOCK KNITTER? WHAT ARE YOUR FOOT MEASUREMENTS?
I just made my very first sock (have its pair on the needles) and LOVE making them. I haven't figured out how to that foot measurement thing yet for socks but if it helps, I wear a 6-1/2 shoe (7 when I am having a hot flash!).
24. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?
It's coming up very fast . . . its All Saints Day, November 1st.
So those are my answers and I can't wait to find out who I will be gifting . . . I have already made a "hello there" gift for my SP9 pal!!!!!!! LET THE FUN AND GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!